Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pariya raahat Turkish Delight


Taste

I've tried a few other products from Pariya before, and I was very impressed, so I jumped at the chance of trying the sour cherry. They are very innovative, coming up with cool flavours like this. The delight is chewy, with a strong but not overpowering rosewater taste, and bits of sour cherry dispersed throughout. Like all turisk delights, this one is sweet, so it's best with coffee or tea.

I've also picked up the citron flavour, which I have to report is not as nice as the sour cherry, maybe because the orange peel aroma didn't go as well, tasting more like sweet jam.

Rating - Sour Cherry - 7.5, Citron - 6

Look

The packaging is top notch, with a smart silver and white design. The delights themselves look divine, with a vivid red colour, and a dusting of white icing sugar. The pieces are just the right size and you can reuse the container, which closes very tightly.

Rating - 2.5

C-factor

$9.95 for 250g at DJs, but I'm SURE you can find it cheaper elsewhere. You do have to pay for quality I guess. This is high class, you can buy it at DJs afterall!

Rating - 1

Swiss Points - Sour Cherry - 11, Citron - 9.5

Ingredients

water, sugar, corn flour, sour cherries, food acid

Available At

David Jones
Website

No comments: